Everyone keeps asking Jen and I what they should get us for Christmas this year. After another year of work on Humphrey House, and so much of it accomplished with the help of our friends and family, we've been telling people, "Nothing! You've given us your sweat and blood helping on our house at various times throughout the year - that's the best present ever!"
But some people persist and won't be dissuaded. They implore us, "Don't you want something to open up when we get together for Christmas?" Well, if we must create a material list for people, why not make it a list of materials! So, here are our some wish list items for Humphrey House (green-ish things first):
- Dimmable CCFLs or CFL floodlights
- Kill-a-watt electricity monitor
- An eco-friendly version of WD-40
- Bio-based paint stripper
- Occupancy sensors that can replace light switches
- Solar cell phone charger
- Smart power strip
- Small composter
- large watering can for plants
- Privacy blinds
- Mini pry bar (great idea House In Progress!)
- Hydraulic car jack (we drive lousy cars)
- Nail pullers
But we're serious when we say that the best gift we've ever received is all the amazing people in our lives who've been so helpful and supportive (even through all the "I told you so's"). FEEL THE LOVE, FOLKS!