This comes a bit late for Thanksgiving but, there is a short list I'd like to make...
We are thankful for:
- sunlight, which now floods our home and even makes the dark brown wood in our kitchen-in-progress look bright. Can't imagine how bright painted walls will make it.
- original hardwood maple floors in the entire back portion of our house. They can be mended and will make a seamless space after we combine two old rooms (the original kitchen and an old small bedroom).
- mild weather, which has cooperated and been relatively warm (and snowless!) so far this year.
- previous owners leaving odd items inside the walls, like shoes, old newspapers, and more. We will be sure to return the favor for future generations.
- finally finding a home for the "momma" cat we had been fostering for six months.
- very, very good friends and family who have labored beside us and helped pull our house together. As Jen said on Today, ones that we owe many, many favors to.